sketching: a dried gourd



I've been working exhaustingly long hours lately, covering for colleagues on holiday and taking on more classes that I should - so not much time for painting :( . I'm working on the Cornish paintings as much as I can.

This sketch was done whilst covering a colleagues class yesterday - the class all had work to get on with and didn't need much input from me so I fished this brittle, dried gourd, with a hole in, out of the art cupboard and sat sketching it with a 4B pencil.

The warty strange surface wasn't the easiest but it was fascinating to draw - maybe not a beautiful thing but it was good practice at observation :)


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge