my daughters macro flowers

NB all pictures copyright C Blackburn



My daughter is, I think, a very talented photographer - she's got a good 'eye' and good technical photographic skills.



These are just some of the gorgeous macros of flowers she's done - I got her to download them onto my computer for me, as I've discovered that though I hate working from photographs, I can work from images onscreen sometimes - I think it's to do with the light, it's more like 'real' light than a flat print is. Somehow the 3D-ness comes through better as well. So I'm hoping to work from some of these eventually.



it's such a gorgeous time of year for flowers, taking some more macro photos myself is on the to-do list.
Apart from the fact that she can focus to 1cm anyway with her camera, she has a set of those macro lenses that screw on like filters. I used to have them for my old SLR - they are very very much on my must-have list now! I love the narrowness of the depth of field and the way the background is abstracted, enhancing and concentrating the attention onto the main subject.



Comments

Lindsay said…
Love of flowers runs in the family! These are beautiful. I'm really enjoying your flower paintings and look forward to seeing what you will do with these.

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge